Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mod Application

Go down

Mod Application Empty Mod Application

Post  Jaxom39 Fri May 03, 2013 12:45 am

Name IG: Jaxom39
Name (First is fine): Jessie
Experience as Mod/Admin before?: Yes, I owned a server, and I ran it for 6 months. I stopped because I couldn't afford to keep paying for it.
How long have you been here?: about 2 weeks and I plan on staying Smile
Any recommendation from existing Server/First Time Staff Members?: No
Why you want to be Mod/Admin? (100 Words Minimum) :

Being a Moderator is a bigger responsibility than I believe people think. Mods are necessary to keep a server running smoothly because admins/owners can't be on all of the time, and they need players they trust to monitor the server while they are gone.

As an older player, I have been on quite a few servers, and I have seen how some irresponsible moderators and admins act. I find those individuals to have low values and morals because yes, this is a game, but children are the main players. Players in positions of power should never abuse them or use them against other players because being in those high positions includes a certain amount of respect and responsibility that those Mod and admins should always display. Servers need to be kept a fun environment for all players, young and old, and without moderators, that is a near impossible task.

I am a person who is often put in charge of things like leading teams of players for various tasks, as I believe the fact that I was made a moderator in 2 factions my first week on the server speaks for itself. The only reason why I ever left my first faction was because I helped orchestrate a merger of friendly factions (including my original fac), so I kept my old friends and made more. I am a loyal, trustful player who helps out new players, and I believe that everyone deserves to enjoy their time on the server. As a Mod in Hydra, I make sure that everyone has something that they can do for the faction, keep players treating each other nicely, and I like to keep the chat lively and fun. I feel that I am an approachable Mod, and that I am a respected player.

I am not opposed to disciplining players if the need arises. I will not hide players who cheat or hack, and I will not tolerate it. The only way or a server to remain fun and fair for everyone is to not allow that kind of behavior. Not all issues are so severe, though, and I am a great listener for the more minor issues. I always listen to both sides of a story before I make decisions, and I make sure that all parties involved know why the issue arose and how to prevent future occurrences.

I thoroughly enjoy this server because it's smaller than most I have been on. You get to know more players, and factions help strengthen friendships. I plan on staying with this server regardless of the decision to make me a Mod Smile

Thanks,
Jax

Jaxom39

Back to top Go down