Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Damage Indicator :D

Go down

Damage Indicator :D Empty Damage Indicator :D

Post  Exscaliberkid Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:37 pm

Okay so first off, why don't many people suggest plugins? WHY PEOPLE!?!?!?

Ahem...

Okay, so I know this is redundant cause we do have a damage indicator, but it's in chat... And that just causes a Crap Ton of chat spam. So if you were having a conversation, then enter into pvp, well, that conversation ended. This gets especially annoying when the pvp becomes war like and you have to communicate with other players in your faction or in an allied faction. Yes I know the server is small, but it is doing fairly well, and when the chat log is just spammed with ''Player took X damage from Player, (hearts)." It get's quite annoying. This is also a problem when killing mobs.

So here is what I propose; Damage Indicator!

It seems to work very well; it doesn't bug out the chat log with amazing spam, and it also displays how much damage they have, and how much damage you are dealing without having to read the chat log, It also works on mobs, and displays an image of them. It also shows status conditions on them. And if you're in pvp and your faction is starting to die, you can see your teammates health so you can use a splash potion of instant health and every body is okay! It just seems very good for a pvp Server.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=zKhtzRq3fEQ
(that's a link to the mod in a review by Antvenom Very Happy)
Yes, I know it requires the mod to be installed client-side as well, but how about this; Install Damage Indicator, and have the old 'Damage chat log spam' plugin have a toggle! That way, if they want to use Damage Indicator, they can and have the pvp log thing disabled. Or if they don't want to install the mod, they can just turn on the old pvp log-thing and still be unaffected, sorta like the Dynmap.

At least consider it? Guys? This would be a very cool mod to have on the server! And it can be optional! Too! If they don't want to use it the don't have to, but you should at least give the option to have it ^_^! This plugin should also have very few conflicts with any other plugin/mod because it doesn't change anything game-wise.

Damage Indicator :D Screenshot.17

Exscaliberkid

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum